Terms and Conditions
You enter into an agreement with Crossroads Languages when you receive a confirmation invoice.
This will only be sent once Crossroads Languages has received a completed application form and a deposit required by the school of your choice.
- UK : £200 – £400
- Spain : 300 Euros
- Germany : 300 Euros
- France : 450 Euros
Clients can obtain a detailed price quote and information on availability of a course without any obligation.
The application form can be sent via our website, by fax or post, or details can be given over the telephone.
The deposit can be paid by PayPal, Credit/Debit card or bank transfer. The full sum of the deposit will be deducted from the total fees.
The remainder of the fees is due between 4 and 6 weeks before the course starts. This information will be given on the invoice.
- Credit/Debit Cards. Some schools add a charge when clients pay by Credit or Debit card. These vary with the school. These charges are stated clearly on price quotes and invoices. They are usually between 1% and 3% for a Credit/Debit card and 3.5% for an American Express card. Payments made in foreign currency have higher charges.
- Bank Transfers. Schools require all students to pay all charges on bank transfers. These charges are imposed by the schools’ banks and can vary. They are usually £8 – £15 or 12€ – 20€.
A number of other fees may be charged by schools. These will vary from school to school and the information below is only a general overview. Details are given on the web site or you can contact Crossroads Languages if in any doubt.
- Registration/Administration fee. Most schools have a flat fee to cover their administration costs. This is in addition to tuition and accommodation fees. It is given with price details on the web site and also on the invoice. It is non-refundable. If a student modifies their course or accommodation during the course or less than 14 days before the start of the course, the school may impose additional charges.
- Accommodation booking/search fee. Some schools charge a fee for accommodation booking or search. In this case, the amount of the fee is given on the website and clearly marked on the invoice.
- Resources. A resource fee may be required be the school to cover the cost of books and other materials. This fee may be invoiced at the time of booking or once in the school. Some schools have no additional resource fees.
- Summer season (high season) supplement. Some schools have higher fees during the summer months. Any additional charge will be given in the prices on the website. Similarly, some schools have a reduced price for their low season.
Cancellations by the Client
Crossroads Languages suggests that all clients take out a cancellation fees/travel insurance.
The person who made the booking should inform Crossroads Languages of all cancellations in writing. The date Crossroads Languages receives the letter will be the date of cancellation.
The following conditions will apply :
- Cancellations made at least 30 days before the start of the course : all payments reimbursed less the deposit
- Cancellations made between 22 and 29 days before the start of the course: all payments reimbursed less the deposit and one week’s tuition
- Cancellations made between 21 and 7 days before the start of the course all payments reimbursed less the deposit and two weeks tuition and two weeks accommodation
- Cancellations made less than 7 days before the start of the course: all payments reimbursed less the deposit and 50 % of total payment or two weeks tuition and two weeks accommodation (whichever is the greater)
No refund will be given once a course has started.
Note: Our San Sebastian partner school does not refund any payment if cancellation letter is not received by Crossroads Languages 5 days before the start of the course.
No Visa documentation will be given until the student has paid the full amount for the tuition and accommodation.
If a student has made every effort to obtain a Visa (where needed) and the application has been refused, our partner schools will reimburse all money minus the registration fee if they are informed in writing 14 days before the course starts. All schools require a copy of the rejection letter.
If a school is informed less than 14 days before the start of the course, an additional charge may be made. It is therefore essential to make Visa applications well in advance.
All information regarding charges for cancellation will be given with your course confirmation.
Changes to Booking
Crossroads Languages will charge an additional £30 (40€) for any changes made to a booking once the invoice has been issued to cover our additional administration costs. Any additional fees imposed by the school will also be charged.
Change of school
If a student wishes to change their booking to another school, this will be considered as a cancellation and cancellation fees (above) will be charged.
Organisation and practices vary from school to school.
Please read details of courses for each school on our website, and contact Crossroads Languages for further information if in any doubt.
A lesson is between 40 minutes and 60 minutes depending on the school. The number of lessons per week is given in the course description. Part or all of the first day of the course is often used for testing to place students in the right groups. No refund will be given for lessons missed and the lessons will not be replaced.
Similarly some time may be used during the course for progress testing. No refund will be given for missed lessons.
If a student does not have the required level for the course they have applied for, the school will offer them an alternative. Crossroads Languages will reimburse the difference, if the alternative course is less expensive. Please contact Crossroads if in any doubt about your language level.
If there are not enough students to run a group course, the school may replace these by a reduced number of individual lessons, rather than placing the student in a group at the wrong level.
Accommodation is from Sunday to Saturday unless otherwise stated. There will be no refund given for any nights you do not stay in your accommodation. It may be possible to arrive earlier or depart later, but a supplement will be charged.
The list of public holidays is given for each school. If a public holiday falls during your course/stay, no refund will be given.
Crossroads Languages makes every effort to describe courses and activities as clearly as possible. Programmes of activities included in both the brochures and on the web site are given only as examples. Activities, visits and excursions may vary.
Crossroads Languages makes every effort to ensure that all information given on the website and in the brochures is correct and gives a true description of the school, location, courses and activities.
Furthermore, every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the quality of the service provided by its partner schools meets the standards set out by national accreditation bodies for language schools and institutes. Crossroads cannot therefore accept responsibility for any changes made without its knowledge. It will inform the client of any changes known to it before the client’s departure.
We accept responsibility for ensuring that the services provided by our partner schools meet these standards. However, Crossroads cannot be held responsible for failures and happenings outside its reasonable control, or where the failure is the fault of the client/student ; unforeseeable circumstances beyond the control of Crossroads’ partner schools or the unforeseen actions of a third party.