Crossroads Languages considers that protecting your information is very important and we recognise that you have an interest in how we may collect, use and share such information. This Data Protection Statement outlines how Crossroads Languages uses and protects any information that you give us when you use this website.
Note that this policy is updated for the 2018 introduction of the GDPR.
Crossroads Languages aims to comply with obligations under the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the GDPR of May 2018 and other relevant legislation.
During our activities as educational consultants and authorised agents for language schools and educational institutions, we will collect, store and use personal information about our clients (students), educational organisations and accommodation providers and we will treat this in an appropriate and lawful manner.
Crossroads Languages is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. If we ask you to provide information which can identify you when you use this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- We will only obtain your personal information lawfully and fairly.
- We will only collect and process data for specific purposes. We will make it clear when we request your information what we are collecting it for and how we are going to use it. For example if you ask for a quote for an English course, we will need personal information to contact you and answer your question.
- We will only collect the data that is necessary to complete the services that you request. We will not collect more data than is necessary.
- We will ensure that your data is accurate. From time to time we may ask you so that we can check or update your information
- We will not keep your data longer than we need to.
- We will make sure your data is secure.
- We will keep your personal information and the business you do with us in strict confidence.
Your information will only be shared with the schools and educational institutions that will be providing you with the service you ask for. For example when booking a language course or applying for university.
Crossroads Languages may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25/05/18.
What we collect
We collect essential information on you to help us provide the service you need:
- When you contact us to enquire about our services via our website, by email, by phone, in person or via social media channels.
- When you apply for a course or programme at one of our partner schools or you apply to university or another educational institution.
- When you work with us as an educational partner or as a provider of services used by Crossroads Languages.
- When you submit feedback about your studies and experience on one of our partner courses.
- When you post on our social media channels or on our website or blog.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand what you need and provide you with the best possible service.
- We use this information to provide you with the best choice of language course or educational programme for your goals.
- We use the information to ensure that the whole of your language stay with accommodation and activities or your university application go smoothly.
- We use the information to improve our services, for example if you give feedback on your experience.
- We may also use your information to contact you to ask for feedback on our services.
We will never use your information for marketing or share your information with any businesses not directly involved in booking and organising your course.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file that is stored on your computer or mobile device and allows websites to ‘remember’ you, either for the duration of your visit (a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits (a ‘persistent cookie’). Some cookies allow websites to, among other things, remember if you have logged in or not, remember your preferences and tailor your experience of the website.
These cookies do not contain any information that is personally identifiable to you.
We use the following cookies:
- Essential cookies: These are cookies that we need for our website to operate well.
- Analytical cookies: We use traffic log cookies to identify how visitors use our website, for example, which pages are more popular and which countries visitors come from.This helps us to analyse data to improve how our website works, for example, by making sure that users can easily find what they are looking for.We only use this information for statistical analysis and the data cannot identify you personally.
- Third Party Cookies: Social Media Cookies – When you share a page by using a social media sharing button (for example, Facebook, twitter) on this website, the third party social media website will use a cookie to enable this function.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us and the data provided by your browser (i.e. what type of browser you are using).
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer.
Blocking all cookies will usually have a negative impact on how you can use many websites.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information -Your rights
You have the right to rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your data. You also have the right to change your mind and change your consent choices at any time.
You also have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to email@example.com.
We will provide this data to you within 14 days of receipt of the request.
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Crossroads Languages, Portland House, Belmont Business Park, Durham DH1 1TW, UK.