Teaching English as a Foreign Language
Interested in teaching English abroad or looking for ways to develop your teaching skills?
Then, Crossroads Languages TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) can help you.
We offer you professional advice and guidance to help you:
- choose the right course to start your career in Teaching English as a foreign language
- or develop your teaching skills to progress in your career
And there is absolutely no charge for our services!
Get your career off to a good start in Teaching English as a Foreign Language
Teaching English as a foreign language is an exciting and rewarding career, but to get the best out of it you need to choose your teacher training course well.
Definitely the best way to get your career off to a good start is with a recognised teaching qualification.
Today, most professionals in ELT would agree that the two initial certificates that stand out are:
Both these qualifications are accepted by the British Council in accredited language schools in the UK and also in British Council English schools around the world.
They are also accredited by the UK official Qualifications Authority (QCA) as a level 5 qualification. This is the same level as a foundation degree or a higher education diploma
A CELTA or TRINITY Cert TESOL qualification will give you the basic skills and knowledge to start your career in teaching.
- They will give you a solid foundation to develop as a professional.
- You will have a qualification to teach English as a foreign language which schools around the world will recognise.
See some of our training centres or contact us for information and advice.
Professional development courses for EFL teachers
See the results of our survey on how teachers see professional development that we ran on two Facebook pages for teachers in France.
Responses are limited but give a good impression of the views of teachers working in France.
Why take a teacher’s refresher course?
- To progress in your career.
- To recharge your batteries – get new ideas, improve your language, and meet other teachers.
A few ideas of TEFL courses:
- Our TEFL centre in Broadstairs works with internationally renowned trainers, including the very popular Seth Lindstromberg and Tessa Woodward – a great opportunity to experience some of their ideas to refresh your teaching.
- Our Oxford centre runs their TEFL courses from the beautiful Oxford University Business School. Some well known and popular guest trainers will be there to give the courses.
- Out teacher training centre in beautiful Bournemouth has been involved in the development of the University of Cambridge teaching qualifications since 1984 and has welcomed thousand of teachers and future teachers from around the world over the years.
Courses for Teachers of Other Languages
We also have a good selection of initial training courses and teacher refresher courses for teachers of other languages including Spanish and Italian.