English for Beginners – Wimbledon
Take your first steps to speaking English with a specially designed adult course: English for beginners.
Why choose our Wimbledon school for a beginners course?
- At Crossroads Languages, we know that a course for English for beginners must give you good support and very experienced teachers. We have chosen our school carefully. Our Wimbledon school is rated the best school in the UK and can help you make good progress.
- The teachers on the English for Beginners course are very experienced in working with adults.
- They will work with you to help you to learn English and build confidence.
On the English for Beginners Course:
- You will develop basic English skills and become confident in speaking English.
- Your course will be every morning, and on Monday and Wednesday afternoons.
- On Tuesday, Thursday and Friday afternoons you are free.
- You can work in the self-study group, take part in social activities or explore London.
On the English for Beginners programme you will improve all your English: grammar, vocabulary, speaking, listening, pronunciation, reading and writing.
You can do 24 lessons a week (20 hours) or 28 lessons a week (23 hours and 20 minutes) to make faster progress.
You will learn:
- ‘real’ English using modern course books and materials.
- practice new language every day.
- build your vocabulary
- develop your communication skills by working with other students doing activities such as role-plays and working in pairs.
The average class size is 12, with a maximum of 14.
In July and August maximum size is 16.
Beginner level students must start their course on specific dates and these are listed below.
Monday 8th January 2018
Monday 26th February 2018
Monday 30th April 2018
Monday 11th June 2018
Tuesday 28th August 2018 – This course starts on a Tuesday because Monday 27th August is a public holiday in the UK.
Fees for 24 lessons per week, 2018
A registration fee of £50 is payable on booking.
This covers the price of main course books for full-time courses plus an exam practice book for exam courses of 9 or more weeks.
Courses 4 to 8 weeks – £35 is payable on booking
Courses 9 to 12 weeks – £50 is payable on booking
Courses 13 to 23 weeks – £60 is payable on booking
Courses 24 to 35 weeks – £70 is payable on booking
Courses 36 weeks or more – £95 is payable on booking