English Courses York
English courses in our York school – a top choice to learn English in the UK
Why learn English with our York partner school?
- The school is a Centre of Excellence! It is one of the top 20 UK English language schools based on its British Council inspection.
- The school is family owned. They have been teaching English to International students for over 50 years.
- It is an exam centre for Cambridge English exams – KET, PET, FCE, CAE and Proficiency.
- It is also an IELTS test centre and provides quality IELTS preparation.
- Accommodation is good. Host families usually live close to the school and have worked with them for many years.
- Learning English with our York school offers great value for money with high quality English courses at competitive prices.
- The school is in one of England’s most popular tourist destinations – York.
General English courses in our York partner school
These are the most popular courses in the school. They help you improve all your skills. They help you learn English for everyday situations: for education, work or travel and leisure.
- a balance of grammar, speaking, reading, listening and writing
- a personal tutor to supervise your progress and give you advice
- an E-learning account – your tutor will guide you through this
- This is an English course with 15 hours of classes per week.
- General English Course A is not available during the summer. (25th June – 3rd September 2017).
General English Course B: Full-day programme
You will have:
- 22.5 hours tuition each week
- The morning classes are the same as the General course A.
- You will also have extra reading, listening practice, speaking skills, with student presentations and study skills
- All General English Course students can use the Melton College Guided E-learning system.
- You can do activities to improve your English, help you to plan your studies, contact other students and participate in the College’s social life.
- You will be able to use the E-learning for 3 months after you leave the course.
- There is a full and varied social programme and the school can introduce you to local sports clubs and societies.
- The Social Programme is not included in the fees but many events are free of charge.
- Excursions cost from £15. Some examples of prices: Cinema from £6, Bowling from £10, Ghost Walk from £5 and Cruises on the River from £8.
English Course in York
From June 23 to September 1.
Tuition Fees 2019
Booking fee: £75.
English Course – Tuition fees per week
General English Course A*: £230.00
General English Course B: £265.00
*Please note that General English A does not run during the period of the Summer Course (25th June – 3rd September 2017)
The tuition fees include:
- 15 hours of tuition a week (General English A) or 22.5 hours of tuition a week (General English B)
- E-Learning Account