English Course in Bristol
Choose Bristol for your English course in the UK
With a perfect score of 15/15 on its British Council inspection, our Bristol school is one of the top English language schools in the country.
You can be sure you’re making an excellent choice.
Why take an English course with our Bristol partner?
- Our Bristol school a small friendly school that is classed as the best English school in the UK year after year.
- It has been teaching English to international students for 50 years.
- It has a perfect British Council inspection score if every area – English courses, teachers, school, accommodation, and more ….
- Bristol is a lively university city. It was also voted Kindest City in the UK in 2016.
- Bristol has also been chosen as the Greenest City, the Best City to Live in and the Most Active City.
What will my English course in Bristol be like?
- The general English course is intensive with 21 hours in class. There are lessons every morning and on four afternoons a week.
- You can start your course any Monday.
- You will be tested and put in a class with students of your level..
- Afternoon classes:
B2 students can choose a special interest classes on two afternoons a week.
Lower level students focus on improving their English speaking.
Optional activities offered by the school to help you learn English
- 2 hours of optional additional language activities each week.
- Conversation club: meet up with a teacher and other students to practise speaking English in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Job Club: get help in finding and applying for a job (for students who are entitled to work in the UK). Get 1:1 support with CVs and cover letters.
- Personal study programme: 4 hours per week of optional supervised self-study to help with your own language problems.
- Guided e-learning: work with the online learning proramme.
- Students on the Bristol English course say teachers on the course are ‘amazing’ and ‘the best they have ever known’.
- On your English course you will have 2 or 3 teachers a day. They will work together to support you on your English course.
- You will have at least 45 minutes’ work per day.
General English courses in Bristol
Deposit: £300.00 This is not an extra charge. It is deducted from the total fees.
Registration Fee: £50.00
Materials fee: £50.00
The materials fee includes guided e-learning and a course book every 12 weeks.
2-3 weeks – £305.00 per week
4-10 weeks – £295.00 per week
11-19 weeks – £280.00 per week
20-29 weeks – £270.00 per week
30+ weeks – £260.00 per week
+ £20.00 per week summer supplement 13 June – 12 August
Optional Student Travel Insurance can be bought when you book.
Private Lessons: Can be arranged in advance (£68.00 per hour) or on arrival at the school.
For arrivals from the following airports:
- Bristol Airport: £55.00 (This is about £30 if you book it yourself.)
- Heathrow: £230.00
- Gatwick: £270.00
The school is in a very good part of Bristol and offers a high standard of accommodation usually within walking distance of the school.
Accommodation fees 2022
- 55% of students live in homestays.
- Many of the host families have been with the school for years
£185.00 per week (Half-Board) 18+
£200.00 per week (Half-Board) under 18
Includes bed (single room), breakfast and evening meal.
Student Houses & Flats:
£200.00 per week (Self-Catering)
£30.00 refundable deposit required – payable on arrival.
Summer University Residence:
£200.00 per week (Self-Catering)
Available 3 July – 27 August
Young Adults Summer Residence:
£305.00 per week on site warden, half board, en suite rooms
Available 12 June – 27 August
Late Arrival: Please try to arrive in your accommodation by 22.30. Arrivals after this time will incur a late arrival fee of £20.00.
Extra nights’ accommodation: £35.00 per night (on request).
Extra night in Young Adults Residence: £45.00
The school is open from 2 January – 21 December
Main course starting dates 2018:
No total beginners.
Elementary level students must start their course on a main course starting date.
Other students can start any Monday.
Minimum course: 2 weeks
7 May & 28 May
The school is closed but a free activity is arranged except 1 January.
Summer Course dates: 11 June – 14 September 2018.