English Courses in Chester
Welcome to our English courses in Chester – in one of the UK’s best schools
Have a first class experience learning English and enjoying your time in England.
Our English school in Chester is one of the top 3 schools in the UK based on its British Council inspection.
Living in Chester
- You will enjoy living in Chester in a mix of traditional and trendy England.
- Chester has something for everyone. In a short walk, you will discover historic, mediaeval buildings, boutique shops, and fashionable cafés.
- You can find a 2 mile ring of Roman walls and a 1539 race track next to a modern sports centre or close to the coolest nightclub.
- It is a medium-sized city – easy to get around and find everything, but never dull.
The Chester School
Our partner language school opened in 1976. It is still run by the same family with the same excellent reputation for quality.
Why choose our Chester English school to learn English?
- The school is in the centre of Chester – a beautiful, historic city with a young and lively atmosphere and popular with tourists.
- The Chester school is a Centre of Excellence and has been for many years.
- It offers many different courses so you know they have the English course your need.
- There is an excellent nationality mix with students from more than 50 different countries.
- You can take part in a great social programme to discover Chester and the region.
- Chester provides high-quality, friendly homestay accommodation as well as self-catering residences or hotels.
- It’s easy to travel to Chester from several local airports. London is only 2 hours away by train.
- Our Chester English school offers great value for money. The city of Chester has a fairly low cost of living with a high quality of life.
General English Courses in Chester
The school offers all levels of general English courses. One of its most popular courses is the over 25s English course (see other course).
On the General English course in Chester you will:
- improve your English in a relaxed and friendly learning environment
- learn English to help you speak more easily and to be more confident.
Your morning English courses
- In the morning you will use a course-book at your level. You will work with 2 teachers to develop your English language and your skills such as speaking and listening.
- You will work with your teachers to choose the best option for you. You can change to option as you progress.
- Options include activities to help you use English in your everyday life, in the workplace and in your academic studies.
Prices for English courses in Chester
2 – 4 weeks £285.00; 5 – 12 weeks £265.00; 13 – 23 weeks £250.00; 24 – 35 weeks £230.00; 36 + weeks £215.00
Tuition fees on all courses include:
Placement test • All tuition as specified • Use of all course materials/course books • End-of-course certificate • Student card • Welcome pack including a Student Handbook • Free Wi-Fi access • Some social activities (see sample programmes in our brochure and on our website)
Tuition fees on General English Courses, 25+ Courses and Examination Courses also include: e-Chester from the point of booking to 6 months after the course finishes • Regular meetings to discuss progress and study plans prices for
English courses for Over 25-year-olds
This is a special feature that gives the 25-year-old + students to study together in their own building.
25+ Courses are short, intensive English language programmes suitable for people who want to study in small classes to develop their English language skills in a general or work-related context.
The 25+ Course
The 25+ Combination Course
Courses for the Individual & 2:1 Courses
It provides a comfortable learning environment with good facilities, including iPads, Apple TVs and projectors.
Students and trainers share the large lounge where they can meet, relax and enjoy free tea and coffee.
The 25+ Course makes the best use of a short period of study and includes:
English language work with a focus on Spoken English and conversation skills
An adult environment in a building with only students over the age of 25
Social events and excursions to help you make the most of your short stay in Chester
Before you arrive in Chester you will complete a questionnaire. The team will design the course to suit your needs.
You will have access to free e-learning programme, e-Chester, from the moment you enrol and for 6 months after the end of your course.