English Courses in Bristol
Learn English in Bristol – one of the UK’s 2 top English language schools.
Our Bristol partner school is one of the two best English language schools in the UK based on its British Council inspection. (The other is our Wimbledon school.)
It has been given the maximum of 15/15 for all areas – and that includes its quality teaching
It’s an excellent choice to learn English in the UK.
The school offers a very popular intensive English course where you will make good progress and enjoy your English learning.
Why learn English in Bristol?
- Our Bristol partner has been teaching English to international students for nearly 50 years.
- It’s a small friendly school ranked as the best English school in the UK year after year.
- It is a ‘Centre of Excellence’ based on its British Council inspection.
- Teachers are ‘amazing’ (from student feedback).
- The school has a very good choice of accommodation. You can stay with a family or live with other students. You can usually walk to school.
- Bristol is a lively university city. It was also voted Kindest City in the UK in 2016.
- Bristol has also been chosen as the Greenest City, the Best City to Live in and the Most Active City.
What will my English course in Bristol be like?
- The general course is intensive with 21 hours in class. There are lessons every morning and on four afternoons a week.
- You can start your course any Monday. Elementary students must start their course on the ‘main starting dates’.
- You will be tested and put in a class with students of your level.
- There are normally 6 levels with more than 1 class at most levels.
- Afternoon classes:
– B2 students can choose from a variety of special interest classes on two afternoons a week.
– These include: Business English and British Life and Culture.
– Lower level students focus on improving their English speaking.
Optional activities offered by the school to help you learn English
- 2 hours of optional additional language activities each week from Conversation Club, Job Club, Friday Film Club and guest speakers.
- Conversation club: This is held in a café or pub near the school. It is supervised by a teacher and gives you more time to practise speaking English in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Job Club: Sessions to help students find a job (for students who are entitled to work in the UK). Also some 1:1 support to help students with CVs and cover letters.
- Personal study programme: 4 hours per week of optional supervised self-study. Your main teacher will give you a personal self-study programme to help with your own language problems. You can work in the multimedia or self-study centres where a teacher can help you.
- Guided e-learning: you have access to online learning from the moment you enrol until 3 months after your course has finished.
- Students on the Bristol English course say teachers on the course are ‘amazing’ and ‘the best they have ever known’.
- On your English course you will have 2 or 3 teachers a day. They will work together to support you on your English course.
- You will have at least 45 minutes’ work per day.
General English courses in Bristol
This is not an extra charge. It is deducted from the total fees.
Registration Fee: £50.00
Materials fee: £50.00
The materials fee includes guided e-learning and a course book every 12 weeks.
£275.00 per week
£270.00 per week
£260.00 per week
£250.00 per week
£240.00 per week
+ £15.00 per week summer supplement 2 July – 17 August
Optional Student Travel Insurance: £5.90 per week
Private Lessons: Can be arranged in advance (£65.00 per hour) or on arrival at the school.
General Student Visa: If you require a General Student Visa, you will need a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies).
Cost of issue: £21.00
For arrivals from the following airports:
- Bristol Airport: £45.00
- Heathrow: £220.00
- Gatwick: £260.00
The school is in a very good part of Bristol and offers a high standard of accommodation usually within walking distance of the school.
Accommodation fees 2018
- 55% of students live in homestays.
- Many of the host families have been with the school for years
£165.00 per week (Half-Board) 18+
£175.00 per week (Half-Board) under 18
Includes bed (single room), breakfast and evening meal.
Student Houses & Flats:
£165.00 per week (Self-Catering)
£150.00 refundable deposit required – payable on arrival.
Goldney Hall University Residence:
£165.00 per week (Self-Catering)
Available 8 July – 26 August
Late Arrival: Please try to arrive in your accommodation by 22.30. Arrivals after this time will incur a late arrival fee of £20.00.
Extra nights’ accommodation: £30.00 per night (on request).
The school is open from 2 January – 21 December
Main course starting dates 2018:
No total beginners.
Elementary level students must start their course on a main course starting date.
Other students can start any Monday.
Minimum course: 2 weeks
7 May & 28 May
The school is closed but a free activity is arranged except 1 January.
Summer Course dates: 11 June – 14 September 2018.