Learn English in England !
Choose from some of the world's very best English schools with excellent English courses to help you learn English for work and pleasure, or do a course to get your IELTS for university.
From the hundreds of English schools in England, Crossroads Languages has chosen some of the very best. See our list below...
Many of our partner schools are classed as 'excellent' by the British Council and you can be sure that they offer the best conditions to help you learn English and enjoy England this year.
- Quality English courses, from beginner to advanced, combined with visits to top tourist destinations.
- English courses to prepare exams such as Cambridge FCE, CAE, CPE, or the TOEFL and TOEIC test
- English courses to prepare the IELTS Test, with preparation for British universities
- Professional English training
- A special English and culture course for older learners
- English summer camps for teenagers and children
- Teacher training for future or experienced TEFL teachers. Take a CELTA course with leading trainers in the ELT profession, or develop your teaching skills with a variety of summer TEFL courses.
Visit our destinations below to see where you can learn English in England this year.....
Learn English in England - Take an English course in friendly Newcastle upon Tyne.
Our partner English school in Newcastle is a favourite destination to learn English in England......
Learn English in England - in the beautiful university city of Cambridge.
You can be sure of getting the best quality English course in one of the world's top university cities......
Learn English in England in the world's most exciting capital - London !
A perfect setting to learn English and discover the city's rich traditions and culture......
Learn English in England - on the beautiful English Riviera
Devon is a great place to learn English and have a real English sea-side holiday......
Oxford - a great place to learn English.
Oxford really is a great place to study English. .....
Do your IELTS Preparation in our Liverpool school - students voted it the 'Best Language School in England 2012'!
Liverpool - pop music capital of the 60s - is a great place to do your IELTS preparation and get ready for an English speaking university.
Our partner school works hard to make sure that students reach their goals and enjoy their stay in the city.
Two IELTS programmes
6 hours a week.....
Prepare for IELTS - choose a top school to prepare for your IELTS test
Bristol is a young, lively city with 2 popular universities and one of the UK’s very best schools to do your IELTS preparation.
Our partner English language school has been classed as the British Council's top language school in England. You can be sure you will have excellent teaching and guidance to prepare for IELTS and to reach the test score you need for university entrance.
Other reasons to choose Bristol:
- It's a great city for students with a lively social scene and some of the UK's best music and street festivals.
- It's a safe and friendly city situated near popular tourist destinations in the South West of England. London is 90 minutes away by train.
- It has its own airport and is very easy to get to from most European cities. There are easy links from Gatwick, Heathrow and London.
IELTS Preparation with 18 hours of IELTS classes
You will need a minimum of Upper-Intermediate level (B2) before you join the IELTS preparation classes.
The school will send you a specific IELTS pre-test to make sure you are at the right level. If you do not have a B2 level you will be able to do a general English course to help you improve your skills.
The preparation course is designed to help you get the best possible IELTS test score for your chosen university.
Depending on your level, you will do a minimum of 4 weeks with 18 hours of academic English and IELTS preparation per week. The programme also includes regular IELTS practice tests and three hours of electives.
This course is designed specifically for students preparing for the IELTS test and for students who plan to go on to study in English in higher education in the UK or in their own countries.
The IELTS preparation is intensive and students must be fully committed.
- Grammar - review and development.
- Writing skills - preparation and practice in the basic writing skills required for academic work at university level.
- Reading and listening skills - Practice in these skills with emphasis on IELTS Reading and Listening tasks.
- Speaking skills - activities to develop both accuracy and fluency to prepare for the IELTS Speaking Test.
- Test practice - you will have regular mock exams and IELTS test practice with one to one tutorials.
Some other quality English language courses you can choose in our Bristol partner school are:.....
IELTS Preparation – prepare for your IELTS test by the sea.
Our partner school in Broadstairs is ideal for your IELTS preparation......
Do your IELTS preparation in the UK’s coolest city – Brighton
Brighton is certainly the place for you if you want to combine serious study for your IELTS preparation with living in England’s coolest city.
Brighton is a busy seaside city on the south coast, just a short ride from London. It has had a reputation for many years for being lively and creative, a place where people are free to do ‘their own thing’. It’s the city where many Londoners escape to when they’re tired of living in the capital. As well as top events in art, music, dance and drama there are good restaurants, pubs and cafes......
IELTS Preparation – prepare and take your IELTS test in our York school
York - a perfect place to prepare for university.
The historic city of York is definitely a firm favourite with both British and international visitors. The city was recently voted Europe's top international tourist destination, and has also won the Best UK City award two years in a row.
But York is also a lively student city with a great variety of galleries, clubs, cafés, museums, music groups and sports clubs. It’s a perfect place to prepare your IELTS and get ready for university.
5 reasons why you should choose York for your IELTS
- Our partner language school is one of the British Council’s top English schools.
- It has one of the largest IELTS exam centres in the UK - you can do your IELTS preparation there and then take the test in the same place.
- York has a very big student population. There is a lively social scene and it’s easy to meet English speaking students.
- The city has great transport links :
- only 2 hours from London
- a direct rail-link to Manchester Airport
- just 45 minutes from Leeds Airport
- Living in York is much cheaper than in London or most cities in the South of England.
Please note that IELTS preparation courses prepare you for the IELTS test, they do not improve your level of English. If you need to improve your English you should first take a General English course.
How will it be organised ?.....