Prepare IELTS in top language schools
Crossroads Languages specialises in working with university and pre-university students.
We advise you on IELTS preparation around the world to help you reach the IELTS test score you need for your chosen university.
Our partner schools offer quality programmes to prepare you for IELTS. All teachers working on these courses are experienced IELTS teachers, and many are IELTS examiners. Most of the schools are also IELTS test centres and can give you the advice and help you need to for university entrance.
IELTS Test Preparation
How long will it take me to reach my IELTS test score?
One of our popular IELTS preparation centres counts 12 weeks of English lessons to improve your IELTS score by one point. The IELTS test is scored from 1 to 9. 6.5 lies roughly between B2 and C1.
Also, many schools recommend students do not start work on an IELTS test preparation before they have reached an intermediate (B1) level in general English. Some schools prefer students to be at an upper intermediate (B2) level but schools will send you a test to check your level before you register for the IELTS preparation.
How can Crossroads Languages help you get the best IELTS Test score?
- Based on your level, we advise you on the best IELTS preparation to reach your score.
- We work only with centres that are very experienced in IELTS preparation. Many of our centres are classed as excellent by The British Council so you know you are making the right choice. Most Crossroads partner schools are also IELTS Test Centres.
- The teachers have many years' experience preparing students for the IELTS Test and make sure you have the very best preparation to reach your score.
- Many teachers are also IELTS examiners; they know exactly what the IELTS test is and how to help you get the best score.
- Crossroads provides a course to suit your needs:
- short one-week intensive IELTS courses
- IELTS summer courses
- long-term IELTS preparation
- Crossroads languages also offers online IELTS preparation. You can choose with or without a tutor.
Online IELTS preparation
You can also take IELTS practice Tests online.
- We can also help you choose the best pathway to progress to undergraduate or postgraduate courses.
What is the IELTS?
- IELTS is the International English Language Testing System which tests English proficiency. You can take the IELTS Test in London, throughout the UK and at IELTS test centres around the world.
- The IELTS score is accepted by more than 6,000 organisations worldwide, including universities, immigration departments and government agencies.
- The IELTS tests all four language skills – listening, reading, writing and speaking. In your speaking test you have a face-to-face interview with an IELTS examiner.
- The IELTS Test is available in two test formats:
Academic or General Training. All candidates take the same Listening and Speaking modules but different Reading and Writing modules.
- The IELTS Academic test is for you if you want to study in higher education in an English-speaking country.
- You can take the General IELTS if you want to do work experience or a training programme and you need confirmation of your English level. It is also used for immigration to an English-speaking country.
- You can count on the quality of the IELTS test as it is owned by three reputable, international educational organisations: British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations (Cambridge ESOL).
Prepare for British University
University Foundation Programme
Why study on a foundation programme?
A foundation programme can give you:
- A chance to improve your English. You will be speaking English in your daily life, not just in lessons.
- A route to acceptance on a degree course. If you are based in the UK for your foundation programme you can easily visit the universities you prefer to help you make your decision.
- University entrance criteria in science, engineering, and the humanities
- A supportive environment in which tutorial and pastoral care are important. When you start your degree course you will feel much more at home in the UK and therefore be able to concentrate better on your first year degree studies.
- The chance to settle in the city or region where you intend to study.
Choose your destination
What is IELTS? What is TOEFL?
The IELTS and the TOEFL both test a 'foreign' student's...